Hope for Henry PAC/KIDS DC
Welcome to iCAN Hope for Henry PAC/KIDS DC
Kids and Families Impacting Disease Through Science (KIDS) Hope for Henry PAC/ KIDS DC is the newest 2019 advisory group of children, adolescents and families focused on understanding, communicating and improving medicine, research and innovation for children.
Hope for Henry PAC/ KIDS DC is a collaboration between Hope for Henry, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), Section on Advances in Therapeutics and Technology (SOATT), local AAP Chapters, children’s hospitals, local schools and other partners.
Hope for Henry PAC /KIDS DC membership consists of children, young adults, and their parents who have:
* Past clinical experience
* Experience using hospital services
* Chronic medical conditions and/or take medication regularly
* Interest in medicine and/or research
April, 2019 - Through the KIDS DC Chapter's inaugural work, they have already been busy with creating a feedback sheet on comic books for Eli Lilly. This valuable insight helped to refine and improve materials designed to give kids of all ages, a better understanding of clinical research.
In addition, Hope for Henry Founder and KIDS DC Leader, Laurie Strongin and Leanne West, iCAN President, worked together through judging and speaking on behalf of National Capital Consortium for Pediatric Device Development, held on April 30th, 2019 at College Park, MD.
"What makes our iCAN Hope for Henry PAC/ KIDS DC Chapter Great"
The Hope for Henry PAC / KIDS DC objectives are to...
* Learn, teach and advocate for medicine, research and innovation that improves the health and well-being of children
* Engage in the process through projects and consultation activities with hospitals, researchers, and other partners in the public and private sectors
* Provide input on research ideas, innovative solutions, unmet pediatric needs and priorities
* Contribute to the design and implementation of clinical studies for children
* Serve as a critical voice for children and families in the medical, research and innovation process
KIDS DC is delighted to be a part of iCAN Research.